Enjoy your breakfast cup of tea in a new way with this recipe for tea-infused oatmeal by @infusedwithtea. We asked tea baker, Issy, to experiment by giving a flavour of Ahmad Tea English Breakfast to... breakfast! She came up with this simple, dairy-free porridge enhanced by the unmistakeable character of black tea.
An all-round quality blend of teas from Assam, Kenya, Ceylon and other origins. An outstanding brew for any time of day or any occasion, with a strong and invigorating flavour.
1 cup/120g porridge oats
½ cup/60ml coconut milk
½ cup/60ml English Breakfast tea – alternatively you could try Chai Spice
2 tbsp Chia seedsz
- Brew the English Breakfast tea as per the instructions on the box – 1 teabag in 250ml water for at least 3 minutes. Once ready, add 60ml to a saucepan.
- Pour your oats, chia seeds and coconut milk in and heat the ingredients until boiling.
- When the porridge reaches boiling point, lower the heat, and simmer until you reach the desired consistency. Stir the mixture frequently.
- Once you’ve got the porridge at the consistency you would like, remove it from the heat.
- Add dried fruits, nuts, nut butter, yoghurt, kefir, berries or granola as desired.
- Serve and enjoy.
For more tea-infused recipes and photos, head over to @infusedwithtea on Instagram.